As we come to the end of February, I have to admit that this month has been a tough one for me. The life lessons I have learnt from what has happened in Feb is that It is never to late to do anything. I really love this quote “it is never to late to be what you might have been!” There are so many things in our lives that we tend to hold on to some are necessary and some are not. We tend to think it is OK to feel that we will never be able to do something because “it’s too late”! I don’t believe that it is ever “too late” and I know the saying “never say never” but this time I am going to say it..Cut that crap!! It is never too late!
- It’s never too late to apologize: I agree with Justin Bieber when he asks “is it too late to say sorry?” For me not to apologize for something that I may have done wrong is a MESS! I find myself thinking and rethinking about how much I need to make things right with the person I have offended. When you know you have done something that has offended another, not apologizing all because it is “too humiliating” to admit your mistakes will end up hurting you in the long run! You will be amazed at what it means to someone when you stop and take the time to make things right! Trust you me, I have recently reconciled with a very special friend of mine after about a few months of falling off and I cant explain that feeling. Its like the weight of the world was taken off my shoulders. If you have ever done so, then you know how wonderful a feeling it can give you and the one you apologize to.
- It’s never too late to love: I have read on numerous occasions on social media posts, in stories, seen in movies when the question is brought up about loving someone, whether or not it is too late. I don’t believe that it is ever too late to love. Is it wrong or a bad idea to fall in love with a person you’ve known the longest or a family friend….no it isn’t, how better can it be to be in love with your best friend. The love of your life often is your best friend too. Is it too late after a certain age to fall in love? Of course not, love is something that you can never be too late for! Look at me in my 30s and still I blush like a teenager when I am in love and I am loved back! DAMN!!
- It’s never too late to forgive: If someone has done something to offend or hurt you, it is never to late to forgive them and to let it pass. Holding on to bitterness is only going to harm one person, and that person is YOU! If you are able to move on after having been hurt, you will find that you have a whole new lease on life and that you will be much happier and productive than you ever will be, just by allowing something to totally take the wind out of you! That feeling is amazing!! Learn to forgive yourself first so that you can be able to forgive others. Personally, I hate when someone says they’ve forgiven you but they keep reminding you about it with each passing day. When I forgive I am so done with that negative vibe, I move on swiftly like we never had a rumble. A friend once told me I am naive because of doing that, but what better way to be at ease than to forgive and forget?
- It’s never too late to start over: Boy, I ought to know that for sure! I have started over in so many places, different jobs, different universities and schools, different friends, different relationships, different countries and towns……name them!. There has been so many challenges (both good and bad) in my life that it has almost become a part of my being. Now that I am a little older I am looking forward to settling down a little bit! But, some folks have not had to start over as many times as others, and others have never had too! With today’s lifestyle and the world being a global village, many people are finding themselves having to start all over! It is not easy, but it is not impossible either! You never know, you may embark on something all together better than what you had previously! Look for the rainbow after the storm and you may find the magical pot of gold at the end!
- It’s never too late to kick a bad habit: With proper concentration and desire you can quit doing something that you have found is not good for you like smoking or over eating or being a spendthrift! Of course if you have gone on for a long period of time, you will have caused a lot of damage already, but that is no reason not to give the bad habit a kick! Don’t let yourself fall into the “it’s too late to quit so I might as well just keep doing what I have been doing” trap! Today is just as good a day as any!
There are so many instances where it is never too late! I am sure you can come up with more! Finish this phrase: It’ never too late to…..